Meta Reading Group
The Meta Reading Group focuses on meta-philosophical topics such as the philosophy of philosophy, meta-epistemology, meta-philosophy of language, meta-ethics, meta-metaphysics, and so on. The group reads both recent work (including sometimes work in progress) and "classical" texts. Everyone is welcome—nay, encouraged—to attend.
Starting on the 23rd of January 2014, the group is reading:
- Paul Horwich (2012) Wittgenstein's Metaphilosophy Oxford: Oxford University Press
Suggestions for other readings are always welcome!
- Huw Price et al. (2013) Expressivism, Pragmatism and Representationalism Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Wilfrid Sellars, selected papers.
- Saul Kripke (1980) Naming and Necessity Oxford: Basil Blackwell Ltd.
- Frank Jackson (2000) From Metaphysics to Ethics: A Defence of Conceptual Analysis Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- John MacFarlane (in progress) Assessment Sensitivity: Relative Truth and Its Applications.
- Allan Gibbard (then in progress) Thoughts and Oughts (an ancestor of Meaning and Normativity Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2012).