Meta Reading Group
The Meta Reading Group focuses on meta-philosophical topics such as the philosophy of philosophy, meta-epistemology, meta-philosophy of language, meta-ethics, meta-metaphysics, and so on. The group reads both recent work (including sometimes work in progress) and "classical" texts. Everyone is welcome—nay, encouraged—to attend.
Starting September 2014 the group will be reading Berit Brogaard's book 'Transient Truths: An Essay in the Metaphysics of Propositions.' Dates and reminders will be sent out via the general mailing lists.
Suggestions for other readings are always welcome!
- Selected articles on the theme of Intuitions and experimental philosophy.
- Paul Horwich (2012) Wittgenstein's Metaphilosophy Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Huw Price et al. (2013) Expressivism, Pragmatism and Representationalism Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Wilfrid Sellars, selected papers.
- Saul Kripke (1980) Naming and Necessity Oxford: Basil Blackwell Ltd.
- Frank Jackson (2000) From Metaphysics to Ethics: A Defence of Conceptual Analysis Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- John MacFarlane (in progress) Assessment Sensitivity: Relative Truth and Its Applications.
- Allan Gibbard (then in progress) Thoughts and Oughts (an ancestor of Meaning and Normativity Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2012).
4 Dec 2014 16:10 – 18:00
Reading: Berit Brogaard (2012), Transient Truths: An Essay in the Metaphysics of Propositions,...