Prof Andy McKinlay
Head of School
0131 650 3955
Social psychology. Discourse analysis. Social identity and work. Computer-supported cooperative work.
- McKinlay, A. & McVittie, C. (2008). Social psychology and discourse. Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell.
- McKinlay, A. & McVittie, C. (2011). Identities in context: Individuals and discourse in action. Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell.
- McKinlay, A., McVittie, C. & Dela Salla, S. (2010). Imaging the future: Does a qualitative analysis add to the picture? Journal of Neuropsychology, 4, 1-13.
- McKinlay, A. & McVittie, C. (2011). ‘This is jist my life noo’: Marriage, children and choice in a Scottish fishing community. Discourse & Society, 22, 175-189.
- McVittie, C., McKinlay, A. & Sambaraju, R. (2011). ‘There will only be lots of chit-chat’: How Hamas leaders and media interviewers handle controversial topics. Research on Language and Social Interaction, 44, 92-105.
- McKinlay, A., McVittie, C. & Cowan, S. (In Press). How expert psychiatrists formulate criticisms of lay descriptions of psychiatry in front of a lay audience. Text & Talk.