Dr Alix Cohen
- Thinking about the Emotions: A Philosophical History (with Bob Stern, OUP, forthcoming 2016).
- Kant on Emotions and Value (Palgrave, 2014)
- Critical Guide to Kant’s Lectures on Anthropology (CUP, 2014)
- ‘Kantian Philosophy and the Human Sciences’, Studies in History and Philosophy of Science, vol. 39(4), 2008.
- ‘The Role of Feelings in Kant’s Account of Moral Education’, Journal of Philosophy of Education (accepted, forthcoming).
- ‘The Anthropology of Cognition and its Pragmatic Implications’, Kant’s Lectures on Anthropology: A Critical Guide (Cambridge: CUP, 2014), pp. 76-93.
- ‘Kant on the Ethics of Belief’, Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society, vol. CXIV, Part 3, pp. 317-333, 2014.
- ‘Kant on Doxastic Voluntarism and its Implications for the Ethics of Belief’, Kant Yearbook, vol. 5, ‘Kant and Contemporary Theory of Knowledge’, pp. 33-50, 2013.
- ‘Kant on the Possibility of Ugliness’, British Journal of Aesthetics, 53(2), pp. 199-209, 2013.
- ‘Kant’s ‘curious catalogue of human frailties’: The Great Portrait of Nature’, Critical Guide to Kant’s Observations on the Feeling of the Beautiful and the Sublime, S. Shell & R. Velkley (Eds.) (Cambridge: CUP), 2012, pp. 144-62.
Work in progress
- ‘Kant on the Aesthetic Dimension of Cognition’, Thinking about Science and Reflecting on Art: Bringing Aesthetics and the Philosophy of Science Together, Steven French and Otavio Bueno (Eds.), (Routledge, in preparation, forthcoming 2016).
- ‘Kant on Emotions, Feelings and Affectivity, The Palgrave Kant Handbook, Matthew Altman (Ed.) (Palgrave Macmillan, forthcoming, 2016).
- ‘Kant on Evolution: A Re-Evaluation’, Kant on Animals, John Callanan and Lucy Allais (Eds.), (OUP, forthcoming, 2016).
- ‘Kant on the Moral Cultivation of Feelings’, A. Cohen and B. Stern (Eds.), Thinking about the Emotions: A Philosophical History (OUP, forthcoming, 2016).
- ‘Biology’, The Kantian Mind, Mark Timmons and Sorin Baiasu (Eds.) (Routledge, forthcoming, 2016).
Link to my academia page: https://edinburgh.academia.edu/AlixCohen
This year, I am teaching an Honours course on Kant's Critical Philosophy. I also have teaching interests in History of Modern Philosophy, Aesthetics and Political Philosophy.
Student Consultation Hours: Mondays 10-12 or by appointment.