Dr Alexander Weiss
- BA in Psychology (1993), California State University, Los Angeles
- MA in Comparative Psychology (1996), California State University, Long Beach
- PhD in Psychology (2002), University of Arizona
- Post-doctoral IRTA (2002-2005), National Institute on Aging
My office hours are from 4-5 on Monday and Tuesday.
Human research interests
- Deary, I. J., Weiss, A., & Batty, G. D. (2010). Intelligence and personality as predictors of illness and death: How researchers in differential psychology and chronic disease epidemiology Are collaborating to understand and address health inequalities. Psychological Science in the Public Interest, 11, 53-79.
- Weiss, A., Gale, C. R., Batty, G. D., & Deary, I. J. (2009). Emotionally stable, intelligent men live longer: The Vietnam Experience Study Cohort. Psychosomatic Medicine, 71, 385-394.
- Weiss, A., Sutin, A. R., Duberstein, P. R., Friedman, B., Bagby, R. M., & Costa, P. T., Jr. (2009). The personality domains and styles of the Five-Factor Model predict incident depression in Medicare recipients aged 65 to 100. The American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 17, 591-601.
Animal research interests
- Weiss, A., Adams, M. J., Widdig, A., & Gerald, M. S. (2011). Rhesus macaques (Macaca mulatta) as living fossils of hominoid personality and subjective well-being. Journal of Comparative Psychology, 125, 72-83.
- Bervall, U. A., Schäpers, A., Kjellander, P., & Weiss, A. Personality and foraging decisions in fallow deer, dama dama. Animal Behaviour, 81, 101-112.
- Briffa, M., & Weiss, A., Animal personality. Current Biology, R912-R914.
M. Inoue-Murayama, S. Kawamura, & A. Weiss (Eds.) (2011, February). From Genes to Animal Behavior: Social Structures, Personalities, Communication by Color. Springer.
Weiss, Alexander; King, James E.; Murray, Lindsay (Eds.) 1st Edition (2011). Personality and Temperament in Nonhuman Primates Springer.