Information for Incoming Students 2012/2013
Congratulations on receiving your offer to study.
General Information for new students to the University of Edinburgh can be found on the University New Students page.
The PPLS Graduate School will be holding individual programme induction sessions during Freshers Week (beginning 10 September 2012) where you will be able to meet others on your programme and receive information about the degree programme you will follow while you study in Edinburgh. You will also have the opportunity to meet other students studying in PPLS at the Graduate School welcome event.
A welcome and pre-arrival information from your Programme Director (2012 entrants):
- MSc Cognition in Science & Society
- MSc Ancient Philosophy
- MSc Mind, Language & Embodied Cognition
- MSc Philosophy
- MSc by Research Philosophy
- MSc History & Theory of Psychology
- MSc Human Cognitive Neuropsychology
- MSc Psychology of Language
- MSc Psychological Research
- MSc Psychology of Individual Differences
- Psychology Research (MSc R and PhD)
- MSc Applied Linguistics
- MSc Developmental Linguistics
- MSc English Language
- MSc Evolution of Language & Cognition
- MSc Speech & Language Processing
- MSc by Research Linguistics & English Language Research
How to Matriculate and Pay Your Tuition Fees
School Welcome Events
Incoming students should note that they DO NOT need to attend each and every Health & Safety Induction tour of either the Dugald Stewart Building or 7 George Square, but only attend the tour for which they have confirmed with the PG Office.
If you have not responded to the email asking for confirmation of tour days and times, then please email the PPLS PGO as soon as possible.
The updated and correct Freshers Week Events timetable for 2012/2013 entrants can now be obtained below: